So in my last post, I wrote about the "Disgusting Dominos People Video." You know, the Dominos Youtube video that's totally gone viral - much to the dismay of Domino's execs and shareholders (not to mention, pizza fetishists) everywhere.
Well, here's the "as promised" follow-up blog post to this recent Donimos food nightmare.
Long story short, here's what happened:
1. Two fukwits record themselves (on video) tampering (supposedly) with Dominos food orders.
2. Said fukwits post said video to YouTube.
3. Said video ignites total shitstorm and PR nightmare for Dominos.
4. Dominos responds via lameass and excruciatingly boring YouTube video.
5. Natalie Portman asks me to marry her.
NOTE: Yes, I am aware that it should be "Domino's." But for the sake of SEO, I'm using the more common spelling (err, misspelling), "Dominos." Jeez, I need to be able to get at least some visitors to this shitcake crapblog somehow! :P
And no, I did not say "Yes" to Natalie. -Still dealing with some major male vs. female role identification issues. :P
Anyway, here's the Donimo's video response to the incident...
Disgusting Dominos People
First of all, my response: Once this hit "teh internets," there was no way I could keep from commenting on YouTube. My comment to Domono's and their response video was pretty much as follows:
LOL, if you've ever worked a restaurant or fast food joint, you know that this is NOT an "isolated incident." :P
Btw, you shouldn't be reexamining your hiring practices, but rather, your PAYING and employee treatment practices!
Anyone with half a brain (and/or access to job performance studies and worker-related issues) knows that employees who are paid fairly and treated fairly do NOT do stuff like this.
But your industry is very well known for it...and there are several reasons why.
Here's What Else I Thought
1. Hey! Camera's over here! Hello, hello!
2. Isolated incident? LOL, break the pill in half the next time before you take it.
3. Felony warrants out for their arrest? Hmm, sounds a bit like overkill to me. But if that's the law, then I guess it should be followed. Still sounds a bit extreme for something that happens every day in restaurants all over the nation. Disgusting? Yes. A felony? Dunno.
4. "The store has been shut down and sanitized from top to bottom." Good to know...if that's actually what happened. In knowing the industry, that's quite unlikely. More like they just cleaned a couple of things.
5. Reexamining all of your hiring practices? LOL. Instead, you should be reexamining your paying and employee treatment practices! As I stated above, it's a well-known fact that emplyoees who are paid fairly and treated fairly do NOT act like this.
6. Obviously, you're wasting valuable money on your "auditors." Or, I guess that "day in and day out" didn't apply to that part of the nation. Either way, it's a FAILED system and it's time to wake up and address that.
Simpe fix: Pay your employees a decent wage, treat them fairly, and you won't have to deal with stuff like this.
7. "It sickens me, that the actions of two individuals could impact our great system." -Obviously NOT a great system then, eh? Let's see, just TWO people out of 125,000 workers in 60 different countries around the world had this effect?! Holy frosted nutcakes! Time to reexamine the system methinks.
8. Yes, you DO take "tremendous pride" in crafting delicious food, and we DO appreciate that.
Domino's Still Missing The Boat
But you're still totally missing the boat as to WHY this sorta thing happened to begin with. Solution: Listen to your workers. Pay a decent wage and treat your employees like they really matter! Once you do this, you won't have problems like these. Or at least they won't be so commonplace...as we all know they are.