The rules of the meme are simple:
1. Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday (month and day).
2. Write down 3 events, 2 births, 1 holiday and tag 5 friends.
3. There are five slots in the Birthday Meme. As you are tagged, you have to remove the name in the first slot and bump everyone up so that your name can be added to the bottom.
So with no further ado, here are a few things that happened on my birthday...
Events That Occurred On September 4th
• 476 - Romulus Augustus, last emperor of the Western Roman Empire, is deposed when Odoacer proclaims himself King of Italy.
• 1888 - George Eastman registers the trademark Kodak, and receives a patent for his camera which uses roll film.
• 1956 - The IBM RAMAC 305, the first commercial computer that used magnetic disk storage, was introduced.
People Born On September 4th
• 1917 - Henry Ford II, American industrialist (died in 1987). Interestingly, September 4th is also the day on which the Ford Motor Company introduced the Edsel back in 1957 ("E Day"). The Edsel was named in honor of his father Edsel Ford.
• 1241 - Alexander III of Scotland, King of Scots (died in 1286).
A Holiday Celebrated On September 4th
• Roman festivals - start of the Ludi Romani a.k.a. Ludi Magni, until September 19th.
Bloggers who've completed this meme (minus one):
Janice | Mariuca | Mike| Bucky | Aaron
I'm tagging these awesome bloggers for The Birthday Meme:
• Mark Base
• Bobby Revell
• Bush Mackel