This Getz version is named in honor of Stan Getz (Stanley Gayetsky). He is considered of the greatest tenor saxophone players of all time and is known worldwide as "The Sound" due to his warm, lyrical tone. Here's a video shot back in 1989, two years before he died from liver cancer.
Here are some of the features Version 2.2 Getz offers:
- WordPress Widgets will allow you to easily rearrange and customize areas of your blog (usually sidebars) with drag-and-drop ease. This functionality was originally available as a plugin, but is now included by default in the core code. It's significantly cleaned up and enabled for the default themes.
- Full Atom support, including updating Atom feeds to use the 1.0 standard spec and including an implementation of the Atom Publishing API to complement WordPress's XML-RPC interface.
- A new Blogger importer that's able to handle the latest version of Google’s Blogger so you can seamlessly import posts and comments without any interaction beyond entering your login.
- Infinite comment stream, meaning that on your Edit Comments page when you delete or spam a comment using the AJAX links under each comment it will bring in another comment in the background so you always have 20 items on the page. (I know it sounds geeky, but try it!)
- WordPress now protects you from activating a plugin or editing a file that will break your blog.
- Core plugin and filter speed optimizations should make everything feel a bit more snappy and lighter on your server.
- WordPress also added a hook for WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) support in a future version of Safari.