Listen to the audio commentary!
Hello and welcome to the fifth edition of Super Link Sunday!
Super Link Sunday is where I take the time to give out some well-deserved link love by featuring some of the more noteworthy posts, blogs and bloggers I came across during the week.
So with no further ado, here are this week's very noteworthy bloggers...
Super Link Sunday All-stars
• The Blogging For Friendship Writing Project - Bobby started a really neat (and positive) community writing project. The rules are very simple - write a blog post promoting goodness and friendship in the blogosphere. Definitely worth a look-see. And make sure to participate!
• Google Dropping Toolbar PageRank Manually For Selling Links - Courtney Tuttle has an excellent post discussing Google's dropping of peoples' PageRank - allegedly because they are/were selling text links on their sites. Courtney's post isn't new from this week, but it's definitely worth a mention in case you missed it.
• More Food For Thought With Google And PR - My good buddy Bush Mackel (batch #4's Link Love Loser Award winner) also has a very excellent post on the Google PR and paid text links situation. Bush's post is actually how I came across Courtney's post, so he of course gets featured here as well.
• The Control Movie - Danielle is helping to get the word out about Control, a movie about the British post-punk era and Joy Division, the English punk rock band. So I'm doing my part here to help her help get the word out. :P
Leave A Comment - Get Some Link Love!
That's right! As part of Super Link Sunday, every person who leaves a comment here on my blog will get some special link love in the upcoming week's SLS post. Thank you all for your wonderful comments!
Here are this week's (and last week's since the SLS post was postponed) awesome commentators, ranked in order by the number of comments given:
Oscar (12), Bobby (7), Erina (7), Mark (7), Tish (5), Jesse (4), Sally no link (4), Tom (4), Danielle (3), AntiBarbie (2), Bush (2), Hernan (2), KSHIPPYCHIC (2), Mike (2), Speedcat Hollydale (2), Suadref (2), Valentin (2), 45n5 (1), Andrew K. (1), Andrew M. (1), Bucky (1), Christy (1), Julie (1), Tim no link (1), WildCatsThree (1)
*If you left a comment here this week and I didn't list you, please let me know!
The Link Love Wild Card
In Super Link Sunday - Batch #3 I introduced the Link Love Wild Card. This is where I randomly pick a blog and "hand" out some link love. And since it's totally random, it'll most likely be a blog I've not come across before.
So let's deal the cards, shall we? This week's Link Love Wild Card is:
• XANADU - XANADU is a rather interesting blog written by Muse. Who is Muse? Well, according to her profile she was, "born in a small little igloo at the north pole. Growing up the elves never took a liking to me so I was banished to the working world."
Like I said...rather interesting. She also has another blog entitled Mia - Confessions of a Ninja Warrior Cat. According to the blog, Mia is a phenomenal creature and part of a secret underground society in quest for world domination. Mia loves belly rubs, chasing bugs, making biscuits in her master's hair at 5:00 AM and climbing things she shouldn't.
So be sure to visit her Muse's blogs and say hello! :)
The Link Love Loser Award!
Also recently new to Super Link Sunday is the Link Love Loser Award. This is an award I reserve specifically for bloggers whom I can't stand, really hate and totally despise - but only on Opposite Day! ;)
Lasts week's Link Love Loser Award recipient was the, "utterly pathetic and totally devoid of anything pertinent or useful" blog of Bush Mackel. This week's famed Link Love Loser Award goes to:
• Valentin of Five 4 All - Why Valentin? OMG, where do I start?! First of all, this guy doesn't even live in the United States! He lives in Bucharest, Romania. Yes, Romania. And he has the nerve to visit my blog (which IS in the United States) and leave witty comments on it. And you know what? I have yet to even see his passport!
Yeah, this joker thinks he can just traipse all over the Internet, going wherever he damn well pleases, without so much as showing a single form of proper identification! Jeez, where are the cops when you need 'em?!
As for Valentin's blog...well let's just say you should do yourself a favor and NEVER go there. Nothing worth reading. Nothing worth seeing. Nothing but a vast collection of, "I'd rather chew glass than read this mindless drivel" drivel. Trust me. He really oughta change its name from Five 4 All to Zero 4 Everyone!
So let's all give a big round of applause for this week's Link Love Loser Award winner! And be sure to leave a comment here to let Valentin how much you truly hate his blob...I mean, blog. On Opposite Day! :)
Also...don't forget to Stumble (and/or Digg) this post! -Especially if you were mentioned in it! Stumbling and Digging any post that links to your blog means more traffic for you! :)