Listen to the audio commentary!
Hello and welcome to the sixth edition of Super Link Sunday!
Super Link Sunday is where I take the time to give out some well-deserved link love by featuring some of the more noteworthy posts, blogs and bloggers I came across during the week.
But First...Some Happy Birthday Wishes!
I'd like to take the time to wish my dad a very happy Happy Birthday! Yep, my dad turned 60 years young today! Love you, Dad! :)
To see some really cool pics of where I grew up, and of the countless sunflowers and cosmos he planted in front of our house this summer, check out out this post:
• Pictures From Home - The Perfect Cheerer-upper!
And now, back to our regularly-scheduled programing...
Super Link Sunday All-stars
• Impressive would be an understatement - "Every so often I love to scour the web looking for new music from artists I’ve never heard of. Believe it or not I’m not always looking for metal either. Years ago I used to play a lot of acoustic and classical guitar, so naturally one of my loves is acoustic guitar. Today I stumbled onto one of the most impressive acoustic guitarists..."
• How You Can Test Everything On Your Blog - "Test Everything! does exactly what it says. Going from site to site in an endless effort to check things about your blog is a thing of the past...There are quite a few CSS and HTML validators to choose from. SEO tools abound too..."
• Why leveraged income is the best kind - "I read a lot of 'make money online' blogs. I appreciate them all, as I have learned quite a bit about how to blog. But, when it comes to making money I almost feel a little sorry for some of them...Even “successful” bloggers who have hundreds or even thousands subscribers seem to be very proud of earning a couple hundred dollars from adsense. Personally I just can’t get my mind around the concept of getting paid only once to advertise somebody else’s..."
• 45 Best Freeware Design Programs - "In a previous post I gave you a list of 85+ Free Killer Resources Every Designer Should Know, which had a great response. Now, in the same line, I have smashed 45 Freeware Design Programs among literally thousands and thousands. It was a great quest, and it was worth it. No, it won’t replace your..."
Leave A Comment Get Some Link Love
'Tis true! As part of Super Link Sunday, every single person who leaves a comment here on my blog will get some special link love in the upcoming week's SLS post. Btw, thanks to all of you for your wonderful comments!
Here are this week's awesome commentators, listed in alphabetical order:
Andrew, AntiBarbie, Bobby, Dave, Erina, Hernan, Kristina, Mark, Mike, Muse, Opal, Oscar, Tish, Todd, Tom, Ty, Valentin
*If you left a comment here this week and I didn't list you, please let me know!
The Link Love Wild Card
In Super Link Sunday - Batch #3 I introduced the Link Love Wild Card. This is where I randomly pick a blog and "hand" out some link love. And since it's totally at random, it'll most likely be a blog I've not come across before.
So let's deal the cards, shall we? This week's Link Love Wild Card is:
• VirusHead - VirusHead is a blog written by Dr. Heidi (a.k.a. VirusHead). According to her about section, VirusHead is a blog where, "a humanities Ph.D. posts on viral themes, politics, religion, culture, and daily life."
Though I've not yet had the time to thoroughly explore Heidi's blog (as the Link Love Wild Card is chosen totally at random), VirusHead looks to be a pretty interesting place. In fact, and as far as I'm concerned, any blog that uses the description, "Mutating bits of contagious discourse, because language is a virus," must be, at the very least, interesting!
So be sure to drop by Heidi's blog and say hello!
The Link Love Loser Award
Also recently new to Super Link Sunday is the Link Love Loser Award. This is an award that I reserve specifically for bloggers whom I can't stand, really hate and totally despise - but of course, only on Opposite Day! ;)
Lasts week's Link Love Loser Award recipient was the, "Nothing worth reading. Nothing worth seeing. Nothing but a vast collection of, 'I'd rather chew glass than read this mindless drivel' drivel" blog of Valentin.
This week's famed Link Love Loser Award goes to:
• MeAndMyDrum - OK, so where do I start on this one?! Sheesh. First of all, just check out the blog's name...MeAndMyDrum. Yeah, and this from a guy that got all over Valentin last week for not being able to afford an "e" at the end of his name.
Yeah, you should talk, Mark! You can't even afford SPACES for your blog's name! Never mind the fact that you only have ONE freakin' drum! Any decent blogger would have at least one extra drum on hand in case the drum head broke! Not to mention other important drumming components like, say: symbols, hi-hats, tom-toms, a kick pedal, a throne, etc.
But nooo, not you! It's just YOU and YOUR DRUM!
Honestly, I'd like to spend more time on this one, but I simply don't have the time to
So let's all give a big, rhythmic round of applause for this week's Link Love Loser Award winner! And be sure to leave a comment to let Mark know how much you truly hate his blob...I mean, blog....On Opposite Day! ;)
Also...don't forget to Stumble (and/or Digg) this post! -Especially if you were mentioned in it! Stumbling and Digging any post that links to your blog means more traffic for you! :)